Power Speakers Toastmasters
Club 1575030 – Area 24 – Division B – District 47
LECTERN CHEAT SHEET – PRESIDING OFFICER
- WELCOME MESSAGE:
Review meeting protocol:
Encourage members to check in on Facebook.
Cell phone usage
Addressing speakers and meeting administrators (point of order)
Requesting assistance from the meeting Facilitator
- STATE CLUB MISSION STATEMENT (as follows):
We provide a supportive and positive learning experience in which members are empowered to develop communication and leadership skills, resulting in greater self-confidence and personal growth.
- PERFORM EMPOWERMENT RITUALa. Ask attendees to stand.
b. Ask attendees to take a power pose.
c. Ask attendees to take 5 deep breaths.
- REVIEW MEETING AGENDA:
- Perform roll call and request volunteers for vacant roles.
- Provide meeting overview and request missing speech titles.
- Provide the words of the day and their definition from the agenda.
- Encourage participants to use them.
- INTRODUCE MEETING PARTICIPANTS:
Ask participants to stand up, introduce themselves and comment on current topic.
- INTRODUCE TOASTMASTER OF THE DAY (as follows):
Please welcome to the lectern our Toastmaster of the day (name).
- AGENDA REVIEW FOR UPCOMING WEEK:
- Request volunteers for roles.
- Request speakers.
- REQUEST COMMENTS FROM PARTICIPANTS:
- Request guest comments.
- Request Administrative comments.
- MAKE CLOSING REMARKS:
- Provide meeting review.
- Thank participants for joining the meeting.
- Thank contributors for their participation.
- ADJOURN MEETING (as follows):
Having completed my duties as Presiding Officer, I now call this meeting adjourned.