Power Speakers Toastmasters
Club 1575030 – Area 24 – Division B – District 47
LECTERN CHEAT SHEET – TABLE TOPICS MASTER
- STATE THE PURPOSE OF THE TABLE TOPICS (as follows):
The purpose of Table Topics is to give members an opportunity:
- To practice the skill of speaking spontaneously and unexpectedly.
- To think, to organize thoughts and
- To speak within a specified (short) time frame.
- To practice good listening, so The Question Will Not Be Repeated – everyone should be listening
- REQUEST TIMING REQUIREMENTS (as follows):
Mr(s) Timer may we have the timing requirements for the Table Topics?
- PRESIDE OVER TABLE TOPICS:
- Ask a concise question.
- Select a participant from the agenda or the attendance.
- Thank each participant after their speech.
- Monitor remaining time by checking with Toastmaster.
- REQUEST TIMING REPORT AFTER LAST SPEECH (as follows):
Mr(s) Timer may we have the timing report, please?
- REMIND AUDIENCE TO VOTE (as follows):
Please vote for the “Best Table Topic” and pass your ballots to the Vote Counter.
- RETURN LECTERN CONTROL TO TOASTMASTER (as follows):
Having completed my duties as Table Topics Master, I now return control of the lectern to our Toastmaster of the evening: (name).